Family time Cambodian Spring Rolls•
Posted on July 07 2020
Makes 6 rolls
30g palm sugar
2 x cups water
1/4 x lime, juiced
1 x tbs fish sauce
1 x good pinch of salt
2 x tbs roasted crushed peanuts
4 x cloves garlic finely chopped
4 x shallots finely sliced
6 x rice paper sheets
1 x medium carrot peeled and sliced julienne
2/3 x medium continental cucumber peeled and sliced julienne
12 x leaves of butter lettuce
1 x large handful of fresh beansprouts (soak them in iced water for 5 minuted for extra snap)
1 x small bunch of holy Thai basil – pick leaves and discard stalks
1. Heat palm sugar gently in a pan until caramelized.
2. Add water, lime, peanuts, fish sauce and salt and simmer for about 5 minutes and set aside to cool
3. Once cool add garlic and shallots and pour into a dipping bowl
1. Fill a dinner plate with cold water. Take one of the rice papers and submerge it completely in the water for 3 seconds and then remove and place on a cutting board.
2. Working as quickly as possible before the paper dries out, add the lettuce, carrot, cucumber, beansprouts and basil on to the center of the roll.
3. Carefully fold over one edge around the filling so it is as tight as possible, folding in either side before you get to the end of the roll.
4. Dip lightly in the sauce to prevent sticking and slice in half diagonally or into 3 for little ones and present to serve alongside the dipping sauce.
Recipe supplied by Whole Kids
Fun activities to-d...
Here's 10 Fun activities to do at home this Father's DayRead More
Activities for a fi...
Preparing for your first camping trip is an exciting time. But unplugging from the fast-paced mainstream and venturing into the unknown can leave y...Read More
Bring back family m...
We often become so overwhelmed that we can actually lose sight of the basic and very important opportunities to spend time with family.Read More